The Yokohama Ramen Museum, ramen originated in China and made its way over to Japan in 1859. Early versions were wheat noodles in broth topped with Chinese-style roast pork.
Ramen is a noodle soup dish that was originally imported from China and has become one of the most popular dishes in Japan in recent decades.
WHO INVENTED RAMEN
Momofuku Ando, who invented ramen instant noodles, has become an unlikely hero to foodies everywhere.
MAKING OF Chicken RAMEN NOODLES :
Making great ramen noodles at home doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, just a few tools and some time. This is a simplified ramen noodle recipe that a beginner should be able to recreate if they follow the steps in this video.
40% Hydration Noodle
- 500g Bread Flour 200g Cold, filtered water
- 5g Sodium carbonate or Potassium carbonate
- 5g Kosher Salt
Making Chicken Ramen Noodles is all about ratios. Everything is based off the weight of the flour. Generally, you will aim for 1% of the weight of flour in both powdered kansui and salt and whatever hydration percentage you want in cold water.
High Hydration Noodles (35% and over) Characteristics: –
-Generally easier to work with
-Won’t suck up soup
-Won’t get soggy as quickly
Low Hydration Noodles (30% and under) Characteristics: –
-Very difficult to make at home
-Sucks up soup when you eat
– Gets soggy quickly
Chicken breast – 600 grams
Olive oil – 15 milliliters
Garlic – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Chicken stock – 300 milliliters
Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
Fish sauce – 1 teaspoon
Sriracha sauce – 1 tablespoon
Hoisin sauce – 1 tablespoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Garlic – 1 tablespoon
Ginger – 1 tablespoon
Onions – 110 grams
Bell pepper – 200 grams
Broccoli – 130 grams
Noodles – 200 grams
Water – 300 milliliters
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
Boiled eggs Spring onions – for garnishing
1. In a mixing bowl, add 600 grams chicken breast, 15 milliliters olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and mix it well.
2. Marinate for 1 hour.
3. In a bowl, add 300 milliliters chicken stock, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce, 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce and mix it well.
4. Keep aside.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, add the marinated chicken in it.
6. Cook until it turns dark brown in color from all sides or the chicken is fully cooked.
7. Remove it from heat and cut it into pieces.
8. Keep aside.
9. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy skillet, add 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger and stir well.
10. Then, add 110 grams onions and fry till translucent or until it turns golden brown in color.
11. Now, add 200 grams bell pepper and mix it well.
12. Add 130 grams broccoli and mix it well.
13. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes on medium heat. 14.
Then, add the cooked chicken and mix it well.
15. Now, add the prepared mixture and mix it well.
16. Add 200 grams noodles, 300 milliliters water and mix it again.
17. Bring it to a boil.
18. Add 1/2 teaspoons alt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and mix it well.
19. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes on medium heat.
20. Add the cooked noodles in a serving dish.
21. Add grilled chicken and boiled eggs on it.
22. Garnish with spring onions.
There Are four main types of Ramen Soup :
1. Shoyu ramen : Soy sauce is the base of brown broth. Naturally it’s soup is made up of chicken but it also include other kind of meat such as pork.
2. Shio ramen : It is a clear broth seasoned with and also as light taste. And its most basic & traditional type of Ramen soup.
3. Tonkotsu ramen : Hatala & Fukuaka is the origin of Tonkotsu ramen. The soup is thick & creamy made from pork bones.
4. Miso ramen : Mostly Miso ramen commonly found in Hokkaido. It’s flavoured with soybean paste (miso) and its often served with corn or butter on the top.