Presenting you Schezwan Sauce Recipe. Homemade Schezwan Sauce. Do give a big like to this recipe in case you liked it, also please do share with maximum friends as possible. I love to read all your comments and questions. In case you have any questions, provide me in the comments section.
Ingredients of Schezwan Sauce :
• Whole Kashmiri red chillies 100 gm
• Oil 1 cup
• Star anise 1 no.
• Garlic 1/3rd cup (chopped)
• Ginger 4 tbsp (chopped)
• Green chillies 3 tbsp as per taste
• Celery stems 3 tbsp (chopped)
• Tomato ketchup 3/4th cup
• Red chilli sauce 5 tbsp
• Light Soy sauce 1 tsp
• Vinegar 2 tbsp
• Salt 2.5 tsp or salt to taste
• White Pepper powder 1 tsp
• Aromat powder/ MSG (monosodium glutamate) 1 tsp
• Sugar 1/2 tsp
• Sichuan pepper powder / black pepper powder a pinch
Methods of Schezwan Sauce :
• Break the stems of the chillies, further cut them from between to remove the seeds comfortably and soak them in water for overnight and then boil them for 5-6 minutes.If you’re in hurry and would like to skip the overnight soaking step, you can also choose to boil them for 15-20 minutes until the chilli skin swells and becomes soft and tender.
• Strain the water and cool down to room temperature, further transfer it to a grinding jar and make a coarse paste, without adding water.
• Set a pan or deep wok on medium high heat, add oil and star anise, cook it for a minute or until it releases its aroma.
• Further add garlic and cook on medium flame until light golden brown.
• Further add ginger, green chillies, celery stem and cook for 2-3 minuets on medium high flame, you can also add coriander stems if celery stems are not available. If you want your schezwan chutney to be spicy you can increase the amount of green chillies.
• Add the coarsely grinded red chilli paste and cook it 10-15 minutes on high flame, while stirring continuously. If required cook the chillies for more longer until the oil separates.
• Add ketchup, red chilli sauce, light soy sauce and vinegar, stir and cook for 15-20 minutes on high flame.
• Further add salt, white pepper powder, aromat powder, sugar and Sichuan pepper powder cook for 4-5 minutes on medium high flame and the colour darkens a bit more. You can choose to add msg (monosodium glutamate) instant of aromat powder or skip both, it totally depends on your preference and you can also choose to use freshly grounded black pepper if you do not get Sichuan pepper.
• The oil must have separated by now, if not keep on cooking while stirring to avoid it from sticking and burning.
• Cool down the chutney completely before storing, store it in well sterilized jar that is dipped in hot water and dried completely.
• you’re schezwan chutney is ready use accordingly.
Tips for cooking time:
The timing I’ve mentioned is based on the gas pressure of my gas burner pressure and also considering other domestic gas burner, you can increase or decrease the cooking time as per your gas burner.
At the end the texture of the chutney should be jammy and the oil has to be totally separated from the chutney and the colour will darken compared to the colour we started.
• Tips for maintaining the shelf life:
1. Make sure the jar that you store it should either be glass or good quality plastic, and it should be sterilized and dried completely.
2. Cool down the sauce before storing in the jar.
3. Always use a clean spoon to remove the desired amount of chutney and refrigerate It back, do not use a bad, wet or a used spoon to remove the chutney.
4. Keep it refrigerated and do not deep freeze it.
5. Make sure there is a layer of oil over the chutney which helps to maintain its shelf live.
Schezwan Sauce can be eaten with dosa, fried rice, momos, pizza, chicken lollipop,etc.
For more recipes click on here https://foodplazo.com/