Vegetarian Black Bean And Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Hey everyone let’s bring Mexico into your kitchen in the form of Vegetarian Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas. It’s a simple recipe.
Impress everyone by making mouth watering Enchiladas! This Mexican food is sure to win hearts. So go ahead and make yummy & delectable Vegetarian Enchiladas with me only on foodplazo.
Black Bean Enchiladas
For the filling
1- 1 tbsp olive oil
2- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
3- 3 white spring onions chopped
4- 1 large green capsicum chopped
5- 1 1 cup Rajma beans ( soaked overnight & boiled in salted water till soft )
Salt to taste
6- 1 tap sweet paprika
7- 1 tap cumin powder
8- ½ cup onion greens
For the Ranchero sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large red capsicum
- 5 large red capsicum
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 white spring onions
- 1 tbsp refined flour
- 4 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 few leaves of basil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp habanero sauce/any other smoked spicy sauce
For the assembly
- Parsley sprigs
- Olive oil
1– In a pan add olive oil, garlic, whites of springs Onion, capsicum, boiled beans ( boiled with salt and water).
2– add some salt, sweet paprika and cumin powder. Stir it properly
3– Mash the beans with spoon or potato masher.
4 — In a pan add olive oil, red peppers, crushed garlic, whites of spices Onion, tomatoes,flour, malt vinegar, sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, parsley & fresh basil.
Also add little bit of water.
5– Blend the mixtureand keep it on a flame for a 2-3 minutes & add habanero sauce.
6– take a baking pan & add the Ranchero sauce in the bottom.
7– Take the tortilla disc and the bean mixture, to which add onion leaves.
8– Fill the disc with bean mixture and roll them. Keep them in the baking pan over the ranchero sauce.
9– Top it agin with ranchero sauce. Add the cheese slice ever the baking pan
10– Keep it in oven for 10 minutes on 180 degrees .
Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- 3-1/4 sweet potatoes
- 5/8 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2-3/4 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 8 (7 inch) corn tortillas
- 5/8 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 5/8 (8 ounce) package shredded cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat, and boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes. Cool and peel the sweet potatoes.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl, and mash them with the cream cheese, green onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and grease a 13×9 inch baking dish.
4. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, and fry the tortillas, one at a time, for about 30 seconds per side. Remove the tortillas with tongs, and drain on paper towels.
5. Place about 1/3 cup of sweet potato filling down the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place filled tortillas seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas, and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the enchiladas are bubbling and the cheese is beginning to brown.